Service notice - Contact Centre wait times, self-service options and FAQs
From Allianz Global Assistance
To our valued customers,
As the world of travel continues to change, we have continued to experience higher than average call and claim volumes. This has created challenges in our ability to service you in a timely fashion. Here’s what you can expect:
- Calling us: Many customers are able to reach us within a reasonable timeframe. Wait times, however, may exceed 30 minutes during peak times. Peak times vary, but are busiest on Mondays and midday during the week.
- Claims processing: While many customers are receiving claim decisions within 2 weeks, claims processing may take 6 – 8 weeks depending on the unique nature of the claim.
Why is this happening? Multiple factors have affected our industry and our ability to take care of you. These include:
- The rapid return and high demand for travel, including information on coverage, benefits and new policies as we move through the pandemic.
- A tough employment environment where two in five employers face labour shortages.
- Multiple travel market changes (i.e. changing Government travel advisories, airport understaffing and delays) which create a changing travel environment and generate more calls to our contact centre as our customers seek our support.
Frankly, we have been challenged to keep up and are disappointed to have let you down.
Our greatest source of pride is the care we give to our customers in their time of need, and we deeply regret any difficulties our service levels may have caused. We know you deserve better; and have all hands on deck with a resilient hiring plan in place to support you. We greatly appreciate your continued patience and understanding.
In the meantime, here are some helpful links that may address your immediate needs.
Travel insurance does not cover everything. For complete terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions, please refer to the policy / certificate. Travel insurance is administered by Allianz Global Assistance, which is a registered business name of AZGA Service Canada Inc.
Allianz Global Assistance does not tolerate any attempt of fraud and considers it a serious offence. Allianz Global Assistance strictly enforces a zero tolerance policy regarding fraud.