Cambridge ON, March 7, 2023 – Allianz Global Assistance, a leading travel insurance and assistance provider, is sharing travel tips for families as they gear up for March Break vacations.
For the first time since 2019, students and their families are taking March Break trips without COVID-19 travel restrictions in Canada. While it is well known that airports tend to be busier than usual during March Break, it may also be many travellers’ first time taking a trip post-pandemic.
“March Break is one of the popular weeks for travel and according to Allianz Global Assistance’s data, the busiest day for airport departures during that week is Saturday, March 11,” said Dan Keon, Vice President, Marketing & Insights. “If you haven’t booked your trip yet, we recommend planning to have your flight leave on March 12 – when departure volumes decrease – to avoid overly crowded airports. March Break is such a fun-filled time for kids, but we know travelling can get hectic for parents. The key to a smooth and memorable vacation is preparation.”
Whether heading to the beach or to the slopes, Allianz is sharing the following tips for an enjoyable and healthy March Break:
- Do your research and get to know your destination ahead of time
- Safeguard your trip and possibly protect your family with travel insurance
- Get to the airport early to avoid long lines and potential check-in delays
- Pack light in case of restrictions on luggage allowances
- Bring a travel first aid kit and make sure to note phone numbers for emergency travel assistance
- Be patient, flexible and have fun!
For more information about what to do before your trip, visit our website.
- 30 -
Departure date information was surveyed from insurance policies obtained since September 2022 for March Break travel.